About Dr. Berger
In 1953, Dr. Louis Berger established a small consulting engineering practice that would eventually grow to employ more than 5,000 employees across 70 countries. In addition to being a talented and successful engineer, Lou was a lifelong academic, a dedicated teacher, and an avid supporter of education. He maintained a long-standing commitment to charitable contributions supporting educational advances in science and technology.
In Fred’s words: “Dad’s vision as an engineer was to improve the built environment through well-conceived and executed infrastructure planning and engineering. His vision as a professor, teacher, and mentor was to improve, through education and technology sharing, the quality of those who were in charge of stewarding such assignments.”